Common Stations is a 15-day PLAB2 course, which is held once a month.
The course includes:
1. Fifteen days of the Common Stations course. In this course ten days will be allocated to the stations of history and counselling on medicine, surgery, paediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynaecology, as well as medical dilemmas, ethical issues, data interpretation, breaking of bad news, communication skills and safe prescriptions.
Five days will also be devoted to a complete and detailed training in all the stations of examination, mannequin, SimMan and combined (in the new exam structure, there are many stations which involve taking a focused history, performing a procedure on a mannequin or an examination on a simulator and patient management; we call these stations combined stations).
2. Those who attend our 15-day PLAB2 course, will also benefit from a 2-day Review Course which will be held before each set of the GMC PLAB2 exam. In our Review Course, Dr Hamed will review all the important scenarios and keep candidates updated about each and every recent change in the GMC PLAB2 exam.
3. Our course includes two sets of full Mock exams, each consisting of 18 stations. In the new exam structure, it is crucial to assess your knowledge, skills and abilities in managing different scenarios under pressure, within 10 minutes’ time for each station and for 18 consecutive stations. You will also get individual and detailed feedback of your Mock tests, which will reflect all aspects of your performance.
4. Those who attend our 15-day course will benefit from our one-to-one SimMan session, at no extra cost.
5. Those who attend our 15-day course will be able to do Self-Practice in the Common Stations academy until their exam date, at no extra fee.
- The course runs from 09:00am to 08:00pm each day
- The whole Common Stations course package fee is £595.
- Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Please note that you need to practise for at least 3 to 6 weeks after your course finishes and prior to your exam, so please book your exam date accordingly.
Common Stations course dates are as follows:
Batch EEE: 31 January, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12, 13 and 14 February 2019
Batch FFF: 24, 25,26,27,28 February, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 March 2019
Batch GGG: 21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31 March, 01,02 03 and 04 April 2019
Batch HHH: 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27 28 and 29 April 2019
Batch III: 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22 23 and 24 May 2019
Batch JJJ: 04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 17 and 18 June 2019