Our Common Stations Educational Package Includes:
1. Common Stations in-person course:
In this course all the stations of history and counselling on medicine, surgery, paediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynaecology, as well as data interpretation, safe prescription, communication and interpersonal skills, medical dilemmas and ethical scenarios such as breaking of bad news, medical error, safeguarding elderly and children, domestic violence, dealing with young patients, dealing with angry patients, dealing with demanding patients, dealing with difficult colleagues and etc. will be covered. A complete and detailed training in all the stations of examination, manikin, SimMan and combined will also be provided.
2. Common Stations online course:
Those who have enrolled in our in-person PLAB2 course, can also take our online course prior to their in-person classes, at no extra fee.
3. 18-Station Mock Exams:
Our course includes two sets of full Mock exams, each consisting of 18 stations. In the new exam structure, it is crucial to assess your knowledge, skills and abilities in managing different scenarios under pressure, within almost 10 minutes’ time for each station and for 18 consecutive stations. You will also get individual and detailed feedback of your Mock tests, which will reflect all aspects of your performance.
4. One-to-one SimMan Sessions:
Those who attend our PLAB2 course will benefit from our one-to-one SimMan session, at no extra cost.
We are pleased to announce that we are the only academy in the UK which provides you with a SimMan which is exactly the same as the GMC’s SimMan and same as the one you will encounter in your exam.
5. Unlimited Practice Facilities:
Those who attend our PLAB2 course, will have access to our practice facilities and will be able to do unlimited Self-Practice in the Common Stations academy until they pass their exam, at no extra fee.
6. Online Study Materials:
Online study materials which cover all aspects of the PLAB2 exam will be sent to our candidates for self-preparation before attending the course.
7. Printed Study Materials:
Printed materials will also be provided on arrival.
8. Retaking the Course:
Those who have already completed our course and need to repeat their PLAB2 exam, or wish to take our course again for any other reason, are able to retake the course and benefit from our educational package again, free of charge, until they pass the exam.
Common Stations Success Pathway:
What we do for our candidates to be fully prepared for PLAB2 exam:
1. We will first send them detailed online study materials so they can read on their own before taking the course. This lifts some of the weight of ‘reading’ off their shoulder and as a result they can spend more time ‘practising’ after the course.
2. They will be having the option of taking our online course, if they wish to, prior attending their in-person course.
3. They will then attend our full in-person PLAB2 course. The classes are interactive and since our course is entirely taught by Dr Hamed himself, he constantly assesses candidates and identifies their weaknesses and strengths. This enables our candidates to improve their skills and performance in the exam.
4. After attending our PLAB2 course, our candidates will have one-to-one SimMan sessions and can have unlimited access to our self-practice facilities until their exam. We remain in touch with our candidates after the course and we are always available to answer their questions and clear their doubts.
5. They will then take their full mock exams, each consisting of 18 stations.
- The course runs from 09:00 AM to 07:00 PM each day.
- The whole Common Stations educational package fee is £595.
- Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Please note that you need to practise for at least 3 to 6 weeks after your course finishes and prior to your exam, so please book your exam date accordingly.
Common Stations in-person course dates are as follows:
Batch WWWW: 12 July – 25 July 2021
Batch XXXX: 26 July – 8 August 2021
Batch ZZZZ: 23 August – 5 September 2021
Batch AAAAA: 6 September – 19 September 2021
Batch BBBBB: 20 September – 3 October 2021
Batch DDDDD: 18 October – 31 October 2021
Batch EEEEE: 1 November – 14 November 2021
Batch FFFFF: 15 November – 28 November 2021
Batch HHHHH: 10 December – 23 December 2021
Batch IIIII: 10 January – 23 January 2022
Batch JJJJJ: 24 January – 6 February 2022
Batch KKKKK: 7 February – 20 February 2022